First, print a “Nozzle Check” with your printer to help diagnose the problem. To do this:
1. Turn o your printer.
2. Make sure there is paper loaded.
3. Hold down the paper feed button and press the pow- er button to turn the printer on. Continue holding the paper feed button until your printer loads a sheet of paper and begins printing.
This will print a grid pattern in di erent colors on the page. If this grid has gaps missing in it, run a Head Cleaning by doing the following on your computer:
1. On the computer, click Start, then click on Settings/Control Panel.
2. Select Printers and Faxes (On Windows Vista, select Printer under Hardware and Sound)
3. Right-click on your printer, and click on Properties. 4. Select the Maintenance / Service tab, then select Print Head Cleaning.
On your printer:
On many newer Epson printers you can run a printhead cleaning right from the printer itself. On the printer just go to Menu-> Settings-> Tools-> Cleaning or Printhead Cleaning. Run 1-3 cleaning cycles.
Press OK/Continue to ignore this message.
The chip on our new cartridges have a serial number on them which will change every time you reinstall that cartridge into your printer. If the cartridge was unrecognized, please remove the cartridge and then reload it until it is recognized. The action can switch the sequence number on the chip.
#1 Uninstall the effected cartridge(s)
#2 Close the lid and wait until the printer says the cartridges are missing
#3 Now reinstall the cartridge. This will switch the serial number of the chip on the cartridge and the printer will now recognize the cartridge. You may need to try this a few times (3-5 times) but in most cases this will work on the first try.
It is very important to make sure that your printer is not configured to accept updates!
Our compatible cartridges may not work on the firmware updated printers.
Eg. Epson XP-310 (Epson T200 cartridges)
On the computer, there’s a program called “EPSON Software Updater” formerly named “Download Navigator” which analyzes the Epson software (drivers, utilities, firmware, etc…) already installed on your computer and provides updates if available.
DO NOT “CLICK” OR “OPEN” THIS PROGRAM!
Is your error not listed above? Contact our tech support!
Please contact our tech support (right->). Please give us as much detail as you can and we will look into your issue and get back to you as soon as possible.