If your Lexmark Prevail Pro 705 printer is not printing well, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to improve its performance. Here are some suggestions:
- Check ink levels: Ensure that the ink cartridges have sufficient ink. Replace any empty or low cartridges with new ones from the Lexmark 100 series.
- Clean the printhead: Over time, the printhead can become clogged with dried ink, resulting in poor print quality. To clean the printhead, follow these steps:
- a. Open the printer software on your computer.
- b. Locate the maintenance or tools section.
- c. Look for an option to clean the printhead and follow the on-screen instructions.
- d. Repeat the process if necessary.
3 Align the printhead: Misaligned printheads can cause blurry or distorted prints. To align the printhead, follow these steps:
- a. Open the printer software.
- b. Go to the maintenance or tools section.
- c. Look for an option to align the printhead.
- d. Follow the instructions provided to complete the alignment process.
4 Check paper quality and loading: Make sure you are using the correct type and size of paper recommended for your printer. Additionally, ensure that the paper is loaded properly in the tray, and the guides are adjusted to fit the paper snugly.
There is a possibility that the printhead, which is integrated into the printer and holds the cartridges, has dried ink in the pre-firing chamber beneath the small round screen. Another potential issue could be a failing printhead. Unfortunately, if the printhead has failed, it cannot be fixed or replaced.
If there is dried ink in the pre-firing chamber, you can attempt a solution. Try applying a few drops of Windex onto the screen. The ammonia in Windex can help dissolve dried ink. Allow the Windex to sit overnight, and the next day, attempt to run print cleanings to see if there is any improvement. It is recommended to space out the cleanings by 24 hours to allow the printer time to absorb fresh ink and potentially clear any clogged ink.
Keep in mind that these steps are not guaranteed to resolve the issue, and if the problem persists, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance or consider a replacement printer.
If you have tried the above steps and the issue persists, it may be worth contacting Lexmark customer support for further assistance or considering professional servicing for your printer.