On the Printer
To disable automatic firmware updates on an Epson WF-7840 printer, you can follow these steps:
- Turn on your printer and navigate to the “Setup” menu using the control panel.
- Scroll down to “Maintenance” using the arrow buttons and press “OK” to select it.
- Scroll down to “Software Update” and press “OK”.
- Select “Off” to disable automatic firmware updates.
- Press “OK” to save the changes.
If you do not see the “Software Update” option, it is possible that your printer model does not support disabling firmware updates through its control panel. In this case, you may need to use a computer to change the settings.
From your computer
- Turn on your Epson WF-7840 printer and ensure that it is connected to your computer or network.
- Open a web browser on your computer and enter the printer’s IP address in the address bar. The IP address can be found by printing a network status sheet from the printer’s control panel.
- Once you have entered the printer’s IP address in the browser, you will be prompted to enter the printer’s username and password. The default username and password for most Epson printers is “admin” and “password,” respectively.
- After logging in, navigate to the “Firmware Update” section of the printer’s web interface.
- Look for an option to disable firmware updates. This may be labeled as “Disable Firmware Updates,” “Firmware Auto Update,” or something similar.
- If you find an option to disable firmware updates, select it and save your changes. If you do not find an option to disable firmware updates, then it may not be possible to disable updates on your printer model.
- Once you have disabled firmware updates, you can exit the printer’s web interface and resume using your printer as normal.
Option two from your computer:
Your printer software for Windows automatically checks for updates to the product software. You can change how often the software checks for updates or disable this feature.
- Access the Windows Desktop and right-click the icon for your product in the right side of the Windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click .
- Select Software Update Settings. You see this window:
3. Do one of the following:
• To change how often the software checks for updates, select a setting in the Check every menu.
• To disable the automatic update feature, select the Never option.
4. Click OK to exit.