HP Protected Cartridge Installed: Black. The cartridge(s) listed above can only be used in the printer that initially protected the cartridges using the HP Cartridge Protection feature, and must be replaced. The HP Cartridge Protection feature allows a printer owner to set the HP ink cartridges installed in their printer so that the cartridges will only work in that printer.
This error happened when a cartridge has been protected./locked to a printer. If you have more then one printer that takes this cartridge please try it in the other printer.
Please turn off Cartridge Protection
1. Click the Start button, and click Devices and Printers.
2. Find your HP printer in the list and double-click it to open the Settings page.
3. Click the text for Estimated Ink Levels under the heading of ShoppingResources. This will open the HP Toolbox window.
4. Click the tab for Cartridge Protection.
5. Click the radio button next to Disable HP Cartridge Protection.
6. Click the Save Setting button to save your new set- ting. Then, close the window.
7.You may need to remove and reinstall the cartridge for it to be recognized properly.
Mac / Apple instructions
Step 1. Open “HP Utility” under Applications-> Utilities-> HP Utility Step 2. Click on “Supplies Status” then click on “Cartridge Protection” Step 3. Select “Disable HP Cartridge Protection”
On your printer
Step 1. On printer, go to SETUP
Step 2. Under SETUP MENU go to PREFERENCES
Step 3. Under PREFERENCES go to CARTRIDGE CHIP INFORMATION Step 4. Under CARTRIDGE CHIP INFORMATION you will nd the follow- ing dialogue box: Touch (return arrow) to keep your settings. Touch OK to turn off the memory chip’s ability to collect the product’s usage informa- tion.
Step 5. Touch OK to turn o the memory chip’ ability to collect.