Reset Brother TN-660 laser toner cartridge.
Brother laser printers are notorious for not recognizing when a new full toner ink cartridge is installed into the printer. Brother laser printer for the most part use a system of gears to read if a new cartridge was installed but sometimes it does not catch or “get the message” that a new cartridge was install. Please try the instructions below to reset the levels and clear any low ink error message you get.
For the Brother DCP/MFC Series printers:
1. Open the front toner compartment door.
2. The printer screen should read “front cover is open”.
3. Press the “clear” button on the printer’s front panel.
4. Printer will say “Replace Drum?”
5. Here do not press 1 but instead type in “*00” on the keypad. Star zero zero.
6. The screen will say “Accepted”. Close the door and it will reset the low toner message.
For the Brother HL Series printers:
1. Open front door.
2. Turn off printer.
3. While holding down the GO button, turn printer back on.
4. When all four LEDs light up release GO button. All LEDs will turn off.
5. Press the GO button 2 times. The 3 LEDs (toner, drum, paper) will light up solid.
6. Press the GO button 5 times.
7. Paper light will be blinking.
8. At this point the toner end-of-life condition has been reset. Close front door.